This policy applies to any personal data we collect from you when you use any of websites including www.hanson.co.uk, www.heidelbergcement.com, www.hanson-sustainability.co.uk, www.hanson-communities.co.uk, www.calumite.ae, www.hanson-drivers.co.uk, www.hansonpensions.co.uk, http://www.irvine-whitlock.co.uk and http://safeandhealthyathome.co.uk.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Hanson Limited, with registered office at Hanson House, 14 Castle Hill, Maidenhead, SL6 4JJ, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
- We collect information directly from you when you are asked to provide personal details about yourself, including but not limited to:
- when you purchase products or services from us by telephone, email or elsewhere.
- information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to receive updates or access our online library, registering for our Academy, using our interactive "tech talk" feature and posting material in our "Ask Hanson" technical forum.
- when you submit enquiries to us by email or contact us by telephone. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- when you submit your CV to us to apply for a current vacancy.
- you may be given the opportunity to sign up to our newsletter. When you do so, we ask for some basic personal information. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us to send you email newsletters.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. This can include notifications about the launch of new products, competitions, offers or other relevant news articles that you might find interesting.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hanson Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.